Month of Giving 2020
Through the month of November, Grace Outreach invites you to discover new ways to put your Faith into Action. Explore a new ministry partner, reach out to a neighbor, or give of your time, talents, and resources to those in need.
Grace will be supporting two of our Outreach partners this month in special ways.
Senior Giving Tree
Once again, we will be supporting a Helpline House Senior Giving Tree with donations of gift cards to local stores.
You can purchase gift cards in the amount of $25 from Safeway, Rite-Aid, Ace Hardware, or Amazon, and either mail them to Grace or drop them off in our mailbox on Day Road:
8595 Day Road NE
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
Or contact one of our Outreach members to pick them up:
- Cindy Logan: [email protected] | 206.780.5954
- Heather Paar: [email protected] | 206.300.5233
- Anne MacArthur: [email protected] | 206.949.8988
We will be collecting the gift cards throughout November and deliver to Helpline House the first week of December.
Thanksgiving Food Items
Helpline House will be providing holiday kits for curbside shopping and are asking for donations of:
- Baking supplies (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda
- Hearty soups, stews, and chili
- Spices (cinnamon, basil, oregano, etc.
- Cooking oils (vegetable, olive, canola, etc.)
- Boxed mixes (Rice-a-Roni, Stove Top, scalloped potatoes, kid-friendly snacks)
Donations may be delivered to Helpline House:
282 Knechtel Way NE, Bainbridge Island
Monday – Friday (except Wednesdays), 9 to 11 am
We also encourage food donations to Fishline, which is experiencing a marked increase in daily Food Bank requests. This month, requested food items are centered on the Thanksgiving meal:
- Cranberry sauce, canned green beans,
- Mushroom soup, French onions, canned yams,
- Instant mashed potatoes, gravy mix, dried stuffing
- Sparkling Cider
- They do not need turkeys but always need size 5 and 6 diapers
Donations can be delivered to the bin under the east eaves at Grace or directly to Fishline:
19705 NW Viking Avenue, Poulsbo
Drop-off Hours: 8:30 am to 2:45 pm Monday-Friday at the west end of the parking lot
Tags: Outreach / Parish Life / Youth / Worship / Online Worship / Pastoral Care / Welcome! / Serve / News & Events / Adults