Employment at Grace
Download the job description as a .pdf.
Submit résumé to the Rev. Nat Johnson: [email protected]
FTE: 40 hours per week. Health, vision, and dental available. Access to employee 403b account with employer contributions of 5% (plus up to an additional 4% match of employee contributions). Vacation and personal leave are accrued at rate of 1 hour per 13 hours worked.
Under the supervision of and working closely with the Rector, the Parish Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and coordination of Grace’s business and office functions to support the ministries and mission of Grace.
This work includes but is not limited to liturgy support (bulletins); data and records input and management; on-site tasks related to parish finances (in cooperation with outside accountants and the vestry treasurer); human resources administrative support (with the vestry HR trustee serving in an advisory role); providing necessary information and support for staff, contractors and lay leaders to carry out their responsibilities; managing use of church space by parish and outside groups; managing office, including reception/hospitality functions; and training and overseeing the work of office volunteers.
This position requires a commitment to confidentiality and to Grace’s mission and values, strong organization and relationship skills, proficiency in a variety of computer and software applications, and the ability to apply those skills in a flexible and sensitive manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
Administrative Support and Information Management
- Provide administrative support to the Rector, Grace staff, and lay leadership
- Serve as the human resources administrator for the parish, advised by the vestry HR trustee
- Maintain accurate and complete employee records
- Assist new hires with on-boarding HR tasks
- Provide information to staff as needed and requested
- Process and distribute all mail, including email and notices to staff and lay leaders as appropriate
- Maintain and update the master calendar; maintain an in-house calendar for staff reference and planning; communicate changes
- Assist with Diocesan paperwork related to benefits
- Attend regular staff meetings
- Review with staff the calendar and other items of importance
- Communicate necessary information to contractors to assure smooth operations and programming, including:
- Communicate changes to accounting contractors relevant to their work, e.g., new employee packet, employee resignations, other changes to employee status; corrections to invoices, internal checks.
- Manage contract and support Communications Contractor with their management of Grace’s online presence (website and weekly eNews, Facebook, online advertising, etc.).
Supporting Grace’s Liturgy and Programs
- Prepare and assemble weekly and special-service bulletins, and ensure those involved in the liturgies receive information in a timely fashion
- Work with clergy to facilitate parishioner participation in Sunday worship and special services, including technical support (website updates of links and other information)
Database and Records Management
- Maintain electronic membership database, enter new member information, and provide lists and data from the database as needed.
- Occasionally offer or coordinate trainings of lay leaders to facilitate wider fluency in the use of OnRealm, our parish-record database
- Review, code, input and upload financial data as needed for accounting including:
- Payroll information
- Invoices and credit card bills
- Input donor information into Realm database
- Maintain necessary files and a filing system, including hard-copy and files on Google Drive
- Administer the parish Google Workspace account. This includes, but is not limited to, adding new and deleting old users, and maintaining user permissions
- Record all wedding, baptisms, confirmations and burials
- Supervise the preparation and publication of annual reporting documents, including
- The parish annual report
- The parish parochial report
Supporting Grace’s Ministries and Membership:
- Maintain a welcoming and helpful presence in the office and assure that office hours are covered
- Recruit, train and oversee office volunteers to assist in maintaining office hours and other duties, as assigned
- Answer phones, welcome and relay messages from visitors, facilitate communication between staff and parishioners, as well as community members
- Support Vestry members with correspondence and communications as needed
Manage and schedule rentals
- Assure rental activity is appropriate, activity does not interfere with Grace’s programming and that it will be within Grace’s capability to accommodate, e.g., adequacy of furniture and equipment, sound system, etc.
- Prepare rental contract for renter’s and Rector’s signature
- Coordinate information flow to staff members as appropriate
- Work with rental client and Property Manager to assure all necessary details are being properly managed
- Schedule spaces for parish and community use
- Order office supplies as needed
- Provide office assistance in use of telephones, printer, and voicemail
- Schedule repairs and service for printer and other office equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency in use of computers and software, including MS Word (including use of style sheets), MS Excel, Google Docs, Gmail, and database programs
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including writing, grammar and proofreading
- Ability to organize complex information and manage multiple demands with flexibility and ease
- Welcoming disposition, willingness to serve all who come to Grace
- Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities and volunteers
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions under the pressure of weekly deadlines