Employment Opportunities at Grace
Communications Lead (Contract)
Grace Episcopal Church, Bainbridge Island, WA
Grace Episcopal Church is seeking a communications lead to work in collaboration with staff and parishioners to create newsletters and web content to inspire participation, service and giving. Estimated 12-15 hours per week, contract terms negotiable.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES:
- Compile, edit, and produce Grace’s weekly enews and seasonal newsletters in digital format.
- Review and respond to email/form submissions each day, M-F.
- Update and maintain email address lists for electronic communications.
Content is generated by staff and volunteers, then edited by the communications lead for consistency and style, according to established guidelines.
- Manage and maintain Grace’s website (www.gracehere.org). Ensure that content is up to date and well organized.
- Create periodic website posts to share current programs, events, clergy reflections, and program ministry activities. Sync these with Grace’s social media accounts.
- Coordinate with website IT when necessary.
- Good project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to digitally create visually appealing publications and documents.
- Familiarity with website design and structure.
- Experience with Mail Chimp and with website platforms.
Please submit a letter of introduction, resume, and examples of previous work to the attention of Grace’s HR trustee at [email protected]
Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
Download a position description here.To stay apprised of future listings, subscribe to our weekly enews.